RCA Updates (September 2017)
As always, please share these updates with neighbors who may not be receiving the information (and let us know if email addresses need to be updated, etc.).
The RCA met on September 7 at the Commonwealth Baptist Church.
* Lt. Bailey of the Police provided an update on crime statistics – no serious crimes recently have been reported in Rosemont, but there have been several larcenies from unlocked cars.
* Capt. Williams of the Sheriff provided updates about the office’s activities, including a warning that some City residents had received fraudulent calls, falsely claiming to be from the Sheriff, asserting that they would be fined for missing jury duty.
* Officer Lloyd of the Police provided a briefing on how to protect homes and vehicles. A general recommendation he made is the use of the NextDoor app, as a supplement to neighborhood email lists, which he described as a 21st century “neighborhood watch” program, allowing safety information to be circulated quickly and across neighborhoods.
* September 22 – Absentee voting begins for the November election (for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, House of Delegates, Commonwealth’s Attorney, and Sheriff).
* September 26 – Maury Elementary School dine-out at the Los Tios Grill.
* October 7 – Art on the Avenue in Del Ray.
* October 29 – Del Ray Halloween parade.
* November 2 – Leaf collection begins west of Russell Road (November 8 east of Russell Road).
* November 23 – turkey trot through the streets of Alexandria and Del ray.
Keeping Informed. We try to provide regular updates on local news, Rosemont history, and general happenings in Alexandria via our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RosemontCitizensAssociation/), cross-posted to Twitter (https://twitter.com/RosemontCitizen) and our web page (http://rosemontcitizensassoc.org/facebook/). Please consider following one or another (as well as the Rosemont email list, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rosemontva/info).
Volunteers. We can always use another hand – if you have an interest, please let us know.
Membership. Please renew! (See http://rosemontcitizensassoc.org/join/.)
The Board of the Rosemont Citizens Association includes:
- President - Jol Silversmith
- 1st Vice-President - Karla Springer
- 2nd Vice-President - Garrett Erdle
- Secretary - John Leary
- Treasurer - Dina-Maria Deringer
- President Emeritus - Marguerite Lang