RCA Updates (October 2017)
As always, please share these updates with neighbors who may not be receiving the information (and let us know if email addresses need to be updated, etc.).
Trees. Our neighbors in North Ridge recently organized a project to acquire and plant mature trees, to help restore the local and city-wide canopy. See http://www.alexandrianews.org/2017/09/north-ridge-neighbors-begin-restoring-alexandrias-tree-canopy/. If you would be interested in a similar project for Rosemont, please let us know.
* October 28: Drug take back day at locations including Police Headquarters (3600 Wheeler Avenue; the neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray (2204 Mount Vernon Avenue); and the First Baptist Church (2932 King Street). See https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/Sheriff/info/2017FallDrugTakeBack.pdf.
* October 29 – Del Ray Halloween parade, at 2pm. See http://www.visitdelray.com/halloween.
* November 2 – Leaf collection begins west of Russell Road (November 8 east of Russell Road). See https://www.alexandriava.gov/LeafCollection.
* November 23 – Turkey trot through the streets of Alexandria and Del Ray. See https://www.alexandriaturkeytrot.com.
* Also note that trash and recycling will be collected on their normal days during Thanksgiving week. See https://www.alexandriava.gov/tes/solidwaste/info/default.aspx?id=6506.
Keeping Informed. We try to provide regular updates on local news, Rosemont history, and general happenings in Alexandria via our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RosemontCitizensAssociation/), cross-posted to Twitter (https://twitter.com/RosemontCitizen) and our web page (http://rosemontcitizensassoc.org/facebook/). Please consider following one or another (as well as the Rosemont email list, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rosemontva/info).
Volunteers. We can always use another hand – if you have an interest, please let us know.
Membership. Please renew! (See http://rosemontcitizensassoc.org/join/.)